NEW YORK – Feb. 2, 2023 – With Vinexpo America and Drinks America just a few weeks away, organizers have announced updates to conferences, master classes and speakers for North America’s leading international exhibition exclusively for the beverage alcohol trade. Led by some of the industry’s foremost experts, the show’s thought-provoking sessions will address current events, issues and trends impacting the U.S. beverage alcohol market.
The full schedule of conferences and master classes can be found online. Here are the latest additions and developments, and the experts that attendees will hear from at this year’s show:
Master Class Additions
- Riedel Crystal of America, Inc. and Julio Ruiz will host a unique sensory experience of a comparative Riedel Wine Glass tasting in a session titled, Riedel Glassware Seminar Featuring Riedel Veloce. The educational showcase will demonstrate the effect the shape and size of a glass has on perceptions and enjoyment of wine. Attendees will also be introduced to the new Riedel Veloce collection, made by machine but with the look and feel of a handmade glass. All participants will take home a set of four Riedel glasses.
- Gabriela Pozo of the Ecuadorian Association of Sommeliers and MUZE Ecuadorian Chocolate, and Doug Frost, MS, MW of Echolands Winery, will present a session on Bubbles and Chocolate – How to Pair Ecuadorian Chocolates with Sparkling Wines of the World. The duo will dive into the world’s sparkling wine styles to determine which origins are ideal matches for the world’s most delicious chocolates.
- Inclusive Leadership – Fostering a Culture Where Everyone Thrives: Presented by the Wine & Spirits Education Trust, David Rudman, Michelle Brampton, Ikimi Dubose and Deborah Brenner, WSETs Inclusive Leadership panel will bring global leaders to the stage to share their expertise.
- Growing Wine & Spirits Companies and Brands During Challenging Times: Presented by Sonoma State University, this panel brings together industry thought leaders and innovators for an up-close view of their success stories. Mike Votto, chairman and CEO of Votto Vines, and Mike Osborn, founder & executive vice president of Wine.com, will share anecdotes about starting a business during challenging economic times and confronting challenges in their companies’ growth trajectories. The discussion will address the importance of long-term strategic initiatives, the significance of using real-time data to inform decisions, and initiatives they’ve implemented along each of their paths to innovation.
- How Can Wine Businesses Turn Sustainability Into Opportunity?: Sustainable Wine Round Table and a panel of speakers including Devon Broglie of Whole Foods, Anne Bousquet of Domaine Bousquet, Emily Kern of Treasury Wine Estates, Erica Landin Löfving of Vintage Wine Estates, and Juan Munoz Oca of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates will discuss the impact of sustainability performance in the industry. The group will address questions including, how do you lead change effectively in a modern wine business? And how should leading players seek to inspire change outside their own operations?
- Star Wine List of the Year – New York City: On March 8, Star Wine List will celebrate the best wine lists in New York City for the first time at Vinexpo America. The NYC Star Wine List of the Year will be judged by an exceptional panel of wine professionals, including the renowned sommelier and winemaker, Raj Parr, Master of Wine Christy Canterbury, Canadian top sommelier Véronique Rivest and Master of Wine and Master Sommelier Doug Frost.
The Buzz Updates
- Robin Kelly O’Connor, managing director of RKO Vine Global Wine Consultants, will lead a session on DOCa Rioja, a Dance Between Tradition and Innovation. With over 200 years of history making wine,Rioja is a vibrant wine region committed to tradition and evolution. Conserving this experience and tradition, the region is committed to evolving with the market’s new realities: sustainability, technology, and new consumer tastes. In this conversation, panelists will review Rioja’s traditional bases and the new emerging trends.
- What’s New With WSET: Join WSETs’ new CEO Michelle Brampton and Executive Director, WSET Americas & WSET Asia Pacific, and Dave Rudman DipWSET as they discuss the future of the association.
- Join one of WSETs’ sake experts, Robert McCaughey, Senior Business Development Manager for a Sparkling & Koshu Sake tasting using WSET’s Systematic Approach to Tasting.
Registration is available online through March 7 for $50; attendees can register at either vinexpoamerica.com or drinksamerica.com to gain entry to both shows. On-site registration is priced at $100.
Vinexposium is the world’s leading organizer of wine and spirits trade events. The group boasts an extensive portfolio of iconic, high-performance events tailored to different market segments: Wine Paris & Vinexpo Paris; Vinexpo America, Drinks America; Vinexpo Asia; Symposium; Vinexpo China; WBWE Amsterdam; and Vinexpo India, along with Vinexpo Explorer and Vinexpo Meetings. Vinexposium also continues to enhance its digital portal, Vinexposium Connect, the high-performance business enabler where industry members can connect 365 days a year around the world and enjoy online networking and exclusive content.
About Diversified Communications
Diversified Communications is a leading international media company with a portfolio of face-to-face exhibitions and conferences, online communities, and digital and print publications. As producers of these market-leading products, Diversified Communications connects, educates, and strengthens business communities in over 15 industries including: renewable energy, healthcare, natural and organic, food and beverage, and technology. Established in 1949 and headquartered in Portland, Maine, USA, with divisions and offices around the world, Diversified Communications remains a privately held, third-generation, family-owned business. For more information, visit www.divcom.com